COACH LISA'S | HEATWAVE 2021 |
PROTOCOLS, GUIDELINES, AND GAME PLAN!
Hello HEATWAVE 2021 Campers!
We are so excited to get back on the fields playing, training, and grinding more than ever before! 2020 was a trying time and we look forward to getting our girls back in action while remaining safe throughout. Please note, if protocol guidelines have been lifted or changed, we will contact you with any updates!
As you know, our girls’ health and safety is number one which is why our 10th Annual HEATWAVE Camps will be similar to our 2020 summer camp in terms of protocols. We will continue to uphold safety protocols, social distance measures, and we will have two split camps (by age) as this year I have rented multiple fields (more space) for summer camp instead of our usual single field summer camp.
Also, I am very appreciative for the Environmental Health and Safety Expert who has helped with our 2021 summer camp game plan. Along with an excellent camp itinerary, we are blessed to have been donated over 10 gallons of hand sanitizer, guidelines for summer camp outdoor events, along with multiple hand sanitizing and hand washing stations setup throughout our outdoor complex.
We am extremely proud of our layout for HEATWAVE. We feel it will show our campers that with enough creativity, hard work, and a clear vision… anything can be accomplished after battling a tough time. With that, please read our guidelines below. Please note that if Governor Murphy lifts specific protocols, we will follow.
1. On arrival, your camper will be greeted by a C.U. trainer who will take their temperature with a contactless thermometer. If your athlete has a temperature over of 100.4 or higher, we will have to ask them to go home.
2. Unless guidelines are lifted by summer 2021, all campers must be masked upon arrival. If your camper only has a fabric (cotton/heavier) mask, we can give them a light-weight mask to ensure their breathing comfortably. They will then be directed to our sanitizing station.
3. Your athlete will then be led by a CU coach to the field that their summer camp experience will take place on. The field that they will be guided to will be their main camp field for the week.
4. Each athlete must bring a chair such as a beach chair to set up their “sitting station” aka "sip and sanitize station". If they have a beach chair with an umbrella or shaded top, that will be a bonus as it will be hot summer softball weeks! This will ensure shade for your athlete during our sip, sanitize, snack, and lunch breaks.
5. Your athlete’s camp trainer will direct them where to set up their “sitting station” which will ensure social distancing allowing for our athletes to remove their masks.
6. Once your athlete has been situated at their sitting station, camp will kick into gear at 9AM.
7. Your athlete will have a camp leader (coach) who will remain the same throughout the week of camp. There will be a coach to athlete ratio of approximately 6:1 per group with social distance measures in place.
8. Coaches will be fully masked if they are within 8 ft. of your athlete unless CDC guidelines are lifted by then. Keep in mind, we have designed camp to keep social distance measures at a majority of camp.
9. Once camp starts, we will hold our signature morning motivation talk. During our morning motivation talks, all athletes will be on our upper level field/outfield area spaced out in organized 6 ft. apart lines.
10. Our athletes will then do their in place morning warm-ups and affirmation kickoffs before splitting into their camps
11. Campers will then break into their individual groups for our CU tee training circuit with their helmet on. We also recommend batting gloves. There will be NO sharing of equipment and gear.
12. Our tee training circuit will have multiple water and sanitizing breaks to ensure that our athletes remain hydrated and fresh! These breaks will take place at our athlete's sitting stations.
13. As we break into other areas of camp including defense and speed/agility training, our athletes will be well over 6ft. from their partners. Keep in mind that camp is overall designed with social distancing measures in place when our athletes are physically moving.
14. Scrimmages will be held to connect our training drills to real live game situations. During scrimmages, our hitters will be up to bat in a specified coned area at the plate. Our catchers will remain in a coned area 6 ft. away from our hitters.
15. We will have many hand washing breaks for our athletes. Also, we will have two sanitizing tables set up (1 per field). Gratefully, we have been donated over 10 gallons of hand sanitizer for our HEATWAVE camp!
Please understand that we will be taking all safety measures. Keep in mind, that
we cannot ensure everyone remain compliant as our athletes are their own individuals. I ask that you
educate your child on these measures prior to our HEATWAVE camp. If we have an issue with your child
following protocols they will be removed from camp, without refund, and asked not to return.
Please read the above protocols to your child and educate them prior to camp.
With all hands on deck, I feel this will be one of the best camp experiences that we have ever had simply because it is teaching our girls the power of adaptability and resiliency… our girls who will be future female leaders in our society.
Most importantly, if you are not comfortable with our guidelines and game plan please message us for a
refund. Keep in mind that will be no refunds given 10 days prior to camp.
Our 10 Year Anniversary Camp Will Be Our Best To Date!