COACH LISA'S | HEATWAVE 2020 |
PROTOCOLS, GUIDELINES, AND GAME PLAN!
Hello HEATWAVE 2020 Campers!
We are so excited to get back on the fields playing, training, and grinding more than ever before! These past three months have been a trying time and we look forward to getting our girls back in action while remaining safe throughout.
As you know, our girls’ health and safety is number one which is why our 9th Annual HEATWAVE Camps will be different than our previous camps. Our biggest change will be our protocols, social distance measures, and we will have two split camps (by age) as this year I have rented two fields (more space) for session two of summer camp instead of our prior one field summer camp. If we have more girls sign up for session three I will then rent an additional field as well.
Also, I am very appreciative for the Environmental Health and Safety Expert who has helped with our summer camp game plan. Along with an excellent (and creative I must say) game plan, we are blessed to have been donated over 10 gallons of hand sanitizer, hundreds of lightweight masks, along with Mary Kay individual hand sanitizer bottles that each camper will receive on their first day of camp!
Designer sanitizer only for Challenge U… hehe
All joking aside, I am very proud of our layout for HEATWAVE. I feel it will show our campers that with enough creativity, hard work, and a clear vision… anything can be accomplished. With that, please read our guidelines below. Please note that if Governor Murphy lifts specific protocols, we will follow.
In order for your child to attend camp, you must sign the registration waiver below by 7.1.20. If we do not have your electronic signature by 7.1.20 we will refund you for camp. Thank you!
1. On arrival, your camper will be greeted by a C.U. trainer who will take their temperature with a contactless thermometer. If your athlete has a temperature over of 100.4 or higher, we will have to ask them to go home.
2. All campers must be masked upon arrival. If your camper only has a fabric (cotton/heavier) mask, we can give them a light-weight mask to ensure their breathing comfortably. They will also receive their very own hand sanitizing spray on the first day of camp!
3. Your athlete will then be guided by a coach to the field that their summer camp experience will take place on. The field that they will be guided to will be their main camp field for the week.
4. Each athlete must bring a chair such as a beach chair to set up their “sitting station”. If they have a beach chair with an umbrella or shaded top, that will be a bonus! This will ensure shade for your athlete during our snack and lunch breaks.
5. Your athlete’s camp trainer will direct them where to set up their “sitting station” which will ensure social distancing allowing for our athletes to remove their masks.
6. Once your athlete has been situated at their sitting station, camp will kick into gear at 9AM.
7. Your athlete will have a camp leader (coach) who will remain the same throughout the week of camp. There will be a coach to athlete ratio of approximately 6:1 per group with social distance measures in place.
8. Every time your athlete is within 6 ft. of another athlete, they will be required to wear their light weight masks. If you choose, your athlete can wear their mask the entire camp. Keep in mind we do experience hot camp days in the summer. Also, we have designed camp to keep social distance measures at a majority of camp.
9. Once camp starts, we will hold our signature morning motivation talk. During our morning motivation talks, all athletes will be on our upper level field/outfield area.
10. As we split into our two fields to start camp and break into our warmups, athletes will remove their masks and do a really awesome social distance warmup each morning allowing for safe breathing ability and comfort!
11. Campers will then break into their individual groups for our CU tee training circuit with their helmet on. We also recommend batting gloves. This circuit will NOT be high in intensity. There will be NO sharing of equipment and gear.
12. Our tee training circuit will have multiple water and sanitizing breaks to ensure that our athletes remain hydrated and fresh! These breaks will take place at our athletes sitting stations.
13. As we break into other areas of camp including defense and speed/agility training, our athletes will be well over 6ft. from their partners. Keep in mind that camp is overall designed with social distancing measures in place when our athletes are physically moving.
14. Scrimmages will be held to connect our training drills to real live game situations. During scrimmages, our hitters will be up to bat in a specified coned area at the plate. Our catchers will remain in a coned area 6 ft. away from our hitters.
15. We will have many hand washing breaks for our athletes. Also, we will have two sanitizing tables set up (1 per field). Gratefully, we have been donated over 10 gallons of hand sanitizer for our HEATWAVE camp!
Please understand that we will be taking all safety measures. Keep in mind, that
we cannot ensure everyone remain compliant as our athletes are their own individuals. I ask that you
educate your child on these measures prior to our HEATWAVE camp. If we have an issue with your child
following protocols they will be removed from camp, without refund, and asked not to return.
Please read the above protocols to your child and educate them prior to camp.
With all hands on deck, I feel this will be one of the best camp experiences that we have ever had simply because it is teaching our girls the power of adaptability and resiliency… our girls who will be future female leaders in our society.
Most importantly, if you are not comfortable with our guidelines and game plan please message us for a
refund. Keep in mind that will be no refunds given 10 days prior to camp.
We look forward to a NEW version of HEATWAVE this year.
SUMMER CAMP DETAILS:
HEATWAVE will be held at Westvale Park in Westwood, NJ. Session two of summer camp will be held from Monday 7/13/20 to Thursday 7/16/20 with a rain date of Friday 7/17/20 from 9am-2pm. Session three of summer camp will be held from Monday 7/27/20 to Thursday 7/30/20 with a rain date of Friday 7/31/20 from 9am-2pm.
235 Harrington Ave. Westwood, NJ. This address will take you to the Westwood Recycling Center at Westvale Park. Once you turn into the complex, you will see our registration table under a canopy by our training field. You can also follow the music!
Q: Should my child wear sneakers or cleats?
A: Athletes can wear sneakers or cleats for our outdoor camps. We recommend cleats.
Q: What should they bring?
A: Have your athlete bring her entire bat bag to every camp day as we will work on multiple aspects of the game. We recommend bringing a bat, helmet, glove, face mask, batting gloves (optional), and catcher's gear (if a catcher). Also, be sure to bring sun screen and bug spray along with a cooler of drinks, snacks, and lunch as we will have a lunch break for the girls. Pack any medical supplies needed for your camper and inform us on specific medical concerns prior to camp.
Q: Should my child wear pants for sliding?
A: Use your discretion. Typically, our summer camps consist of hot days. When we cover sliding, the girls will be sliding on our sliding mat and shorts will suffice. Keep in mind that if we are in a scrimmage, they may slide on the dirt!
Q: What if it rains?
A: If it rains lightly we will have the girls under the pavilion and throughout our four dugouts (masks on) until it passes kicking off our CU Softball School. At CU Softball School we discuss being a good teammate, confidence building techniques, team unity, mental preparation, game play situations, mechanics on hitting/fielding, and hold fun ice breaker sessions. Yet, if the lightening alarm rings, we will call each emergency pickup contact to pick up their camper. If we cut camp short due to lightening, we will add any remaining time missed from camp onto another camp day in session one. If an entire day of camp is cancelled we will use our rain date.
In order for your child to attend camp, you must sign the registration waiver below by 7.1.20. If we do not have your electronic signature by 7.1.20 we will refund you for camp.